Ukraine’s focus on Western partnership and taking into account European integration necessitates research, as well as the dissemination of European experience among teachers and students, followed by the introduction of its elements in education and research at all levels.
Ukraine is trying to reduce its contribution to global warming, develop and implement a climate policy, which is confirmed by the Strategy for the Development of Ukraine with Low Carbon Levels until 2050. This Strategy should be implemented not only at the level of enterprises, organizations, governments or intergovernmental communities, but also at the individual level with changes in the consciousness of every citizen.
Therefore, the main goal of this project is to form:
- deep knowledge base on EU climate policies on prevention, adaptation and mitigation (which can be used in everyday life and at different stages of professional activity and decision-making);
- European level of environmental values, competence and behavior.
We see the achievement of this goal through the implementation of the following specific goals:
- to introduce European research practices for students and university researchers;
- to conduct and disseminate in-depth knowledge of EU climate policy and instruments among a wide range of scientists, external stakeholders, politicians on the issue of EU climate leadership.
As a result of the project we see:
- an analysis of European experience in maintaining environmental security in the context of climate change and the possibility of using its elements in Ukraine will be conducted;
- he knowledge of the target audience about the system of European climate policy and education will be expanded, which will promote the dissemination of ecocentric knowledge among different segments of the population students and teachers will become active participants in the study and discussion of international policy in this area, which will contribute to the formation of professional culture and the promotion of the experience of EU countries in the development and implementation of environmental safety;
- project participants will have a unique opportunity to continuously develop holistic knowledge on global warming prevention, adaptation to climate change and mitigation;
- participants will be able to use the acquired knowledge and experience in their professional activities, constantly expanding this knowledge, which will indicate their new ecocentric type of thinking and consciousness and a high degree of environmental culture.