The first in Ukraine “Plastic Challenge Hackathon 2021” (PlasticCH2021), co-financed by the European Union, is the Ukrainian forum in which the latest researches and practices in plastics circularity and sustainability are shared, discussed and promoted.
This event is held within the project “Towards circular economy thinking & ideation in Ukraine according to the EU action plan” (ACET&I) under Erasmus+ Programme.
PlasticCH2021 aims to consolidate academic and business efforts to find innovative solutions and support the initiatives of innovators in bioplastics development and polymers recycling in compliance with the EU Plastics Strategy and the EU Circular Economy Action Plan.
PlasticCH2021 is focused on searching for:
– ideas on developing bioplastics as more circular and eco-friendly alternatives to traditional plastics, promoting these ideas
– advanced technologies for collection and recycling of plastic packaging waste
– ideas towards plastic waste prevention
- 1st place – UAH 50 000
- 2nd place – UAH 20 000
- 3rd place – UAH 10 000
- Cash Prize from “Galychyna” Milk Company: UAH 20 000!
- A special prize from the event partner of the International Exhibition Center is a free stand for participation in the XIII International Specialized Exhibition “PLAST EXPO UA – 2021”, June 15-18, 2021.
- Biodegradable plastics
- Biodegradable and biodecomposed end-use products
- Use of by-products of agricultural production and food waste of bioplastics technologies
- Technologies for non-biodegradable polymers recycling
- Technologies for separate collection and sorting of polymer waste
- Innovative solutions for the prevention of microplastics pollution
- Technologies for the collection and recycling of plastic waste accumulated in the oceans
- Technologies for recycling plastic waste accumulated in the environment
- Additive technologies for the alternative plastics production
- Innovative solutions for upcycling
- product design for waste prevention and reuse
- use of digital technologies in waste management system
- Pre-selection and invitation of participants
- Opening PlasticCH2021
- Speeches from speakers
- Start-ups’ success stories presentations
- Consultations with mentors
- Projects presentations
- Evaluation of projects
- Participants awarding
The winners will get valuable prizes and opportunities to accelerate their ideas!
|Registration opening||April 8, 2021|
|Deadline for submitting contributions||May 16, 2021|
|Notification to authors||within two days after receiving the application|
|Prof. Yuriy Danko, General Chair PlasticCH2021|
|Associate Prof. Tetiana Shevchenko, Chair PlasticCH2021|
|Associate Prof. Dmitry Bidiuk, Co-Chair PlasticCH2021|
|Associate Prof. Ksenia Blumska-Danko, PR-manager PlasticCH2021|
|Contact persone||Tetiana Shevchenko – Project coordinator|
|Phone||+38 066 182 03 96|